Page 2 of 4
An Accessible Town
The Town of Middleton is committed to improving access to services, community facilities and businesses. This Web resource is one way we are working on creating a barrier free place to live, work, and play. Some other examples are:
- The Town offers a rebate on building permits for renovations that include barrier free features.
- Town Hall and Council Chambers comply with the national building code standards for barrier free design.
- Council has adopted an accessible parking policy for the Downtown Area.
- Council has put in place policies to ensure that no person is unfairly discriminated against when applying for employment with the town.
- The Planning Service Public Advisory Panel is considering revising the Municipal Planning Strategy to include Accessibility.